July 2022 Day Camp Teen Volunteer Registration
Day Camp, 4-8 July 2022
We are excited to host a 5-day Day Camp during the upcoming school holidays and look forward to seeing you there! Please read all the details below before registering for Camp.
When registering, you must check that you entered your email address correctly and have received a registration confirmation email after registering. If you do not have a registration confirmation, this means you are not registered for Camp. We may not be able to accommodate you if spaces have been filled.
Please note that we continue to monitor and follow current COVID-19 regulations and restrictions. Due to the unpredictable times we are finding ourselves in, all of our programs including Day Camp are subject to change.
Volunteer Requirements and Commitment:
- The minimum age for volunteers is 13, as we will be going on excursions. Additionally, teen volunteers need to be in Years 7 to 12.
- All volunteers will need to be double-vaccinated or have a medical exemption certificate as per our COVID-19 Policy. The documentation will need to be sent to email@example.com by a parent/ guardian after registering.
- New volunteers will need to complete all components of our Teen Volunteer Application.
- Minimum commitment:
- To provide consistency, we encourage all volunteers to come to as many days of Camp as possible. All volunteers (with the exception of regular volunteers, see below) are required to commit to a minimum of 3 days.
- Regular volunteers are required to commit to a minimum of 2 days.
- What is a regular volunteer? Volunteers who have come to 6 or more sessions in at least 2 programs over the last 12 months. One session = e.g. one day of a previous Day Camp; one Sunday Circle/ Sports Club session; one Friends at Home visit.
- Wait list requests for days that have been filled should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Volunteers will be allocated to the Junior group or the Teen group prior to Camp. We will advise at Orientation which group each volunteer has been assigned to.
Location and Transport:
- We will be based at North Shore Synagogue in Lindfield. During the week, we will be enjoying a mix of incursions and excursions in line with current Government regulations.
- Volunteer and participant numbers are strictly limited following Government restrictions and recommendations. We will also have a COVID-19 Safety Plan in place.
- We will have a FREE Telfords Bus available to take volunteers from Bnei Akiva (341 Old South Head Road, North Bondi) to North Shore Synagogue and back every day. If you prefer to make your own way to North Shore Synagogue or don't live in the Eastern Suburbs, more information on getting to the venue is provided below.
- Transport from North Bondi: Volunteers are required to arrive at 8am sharp. Pick-up from the same location is estimated to be at 4:30pm Monday to Thursday, and 3:00pm on Friday.
- Volunteers making their own way to North Shore Synagogue need to arrive at the venue at 9am and will be ready to be picked up at 3:30pm Monday to Thursday, and 2:00pm on Friday.
- In the afternoon, volunteers may not leave until their buddy has been picked up.
- All volunteers must attend our mandatory orientation on Sunday, 26 June 2022, 4:00pm - 6:00pm in the Bondi/Bondi Junction area. More details will be shared closer to the date.
- If you have essential pre-existing commitments and are unable to attend Orientation, please let us know at email@example.com after registering.
- Day Camp is fully catered, with kosher snacks and lunch provided. Please select your lunch preferences as you register.
- Please note any dietary requirements on the registration form.
Getting to North Shore Synagogue
We will have a free bus taking us from North Bondi to North Shore Synagogue and back each day. Please indicate on the registration form whether you will be coming on the bus. Spaces on the bus are limited so if your transport needs change after you register, please let us know as soon as possible.
We look forward to receiving your registration for Camp. Please email any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.